The Legal Stuff
ECAA Photo Contest Terms and Conditions
The East Coast Adoption Agency Calendar Photo Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored in part by East Coast Adoption Agency (ECAA) and an anonymous (by request) donor (“Sponsors”) as a fundraiser for our organization. All costs associated with this promotion (the calendar) have been pledged to East Coast Adoptions by a donor who wishes to remain anonymous.
The East Coast Adoption Agency Photo Contest begins on November 4, 2018 and ends on December 15, 2018
Thirteen (13) Grand Prize Winners will be chosen from all entries to appear in our upcoming 2019 East Coast Adoption Agency calendar as listed below:
- There will be one (1) winner selected for the cover of the calendar.
- There will be twelve (12) winners selected for each month
- The top ten runners up (10) vill be included on the back of the calendar.
All 13 Grand Prize Winners will receive a free copy of our ECAA calendar ($20.00 est. retail value) and an ECAA 11oz. coffee mug ($11.00 actual retail value) and their submitted photos will be prominently featured on the calendar, our website and Facebook.
The top ten (10) runners up will receive a free copy of our ECAA Calendar ($20.00 est. retail value) featuring their dogs photos on the back cover.
- This Photo Contest is only open to photos of dogs. East Coast Adoption Agency is a rescue for dogs and the 2019 Calendar Photo Contest will reflect that.
- Volunteers and/or Fosters of East Coast Adoption Agency (ECAA) or their immediate families and relatives living in an the same household, are not eligible to take part
- Entrants must be over 18 years of age and residents of the USA. Prizes will not be awarded if winners cannot prove they meet this criteria.
- Entrants must warrant that the photograph they are submitting is their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
- Each photograph can only be submitted once, duplicates will be removed.
- Multiple entries, of different dogs, by the same person are permitted as long as all other rules and requirements are met.
- By submitting images to the competition:
- Entrants agree to grant East Coast Adoption Agency a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide, perpetual license (with a right to sub-license) to use, republish, edit and/or modify your photograph in any/all media (including in electronic format, hard copy and in any ECAA publication (specifically, but not limited to, a calendar) for purposes connected with the competition and any future communications, marketing, and promotional purposes which ECAA considers appropriate.
- Essentially, in plain terms, we can use your submitted photos on printed materials, online or wherever appropriate.
- You hereby waive all your moral rights in your photograph. Notwithstanding the foregoing waiver, in order to use entries as intended and advised in these Terms and Conditions, ECAA may need to modify entries, including but not limited to resizing, cropping or color adjustment as necessary, provided that ECAA shall endeavour in undertaking such modifications to maintain the integrity of your photograph as originally created.
- There is no obligation to donate to ECAA to take part in the competition.(but if you’d care to make a donation, just click HERE)
- ECAA reserves the right to change these terms at any time and to communicate the changes to entrants by updating these terms on this website.
- ECAA is asking users to submit a dog (only) photograph(s) for a competition to select 13 winners to appear on our upcoming 2019 wall and desktop calendar..
- The Grand Prize(s) will be awarded to the winner selected by a judging panel. An initial public vote will determine the Top 23 Pet photographs from the gallery, and the winner is then selected from this Top 23 by the ECAA judging panel.
- No purchase necessary and there is no cash alternative for the prize.
- The prize must be delivered to a US postal address.
- The winning photographs will be judged to be the most visually appealing and original. The result of this selection is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome. *see below
- Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The last date to submit photos is 12:01 a.m December 3, 2018.
- Any entries submitted after the specified closing time and date will not be eligible.
- Entries will moderated for approval for the online gallery within 24 hours of submission.
- All entries are subject to approval by ECAA. ECAA reserve the right to reject any entries and remove posts without reason or prior notice.
- ECAA will reject entries which are (but not limited to) offensive, abusive, misleading, unethical, discriminating, defaming, pornographic in nature or conflict with our ethical and pet wellbeing guidelines and will not be entered into the competition. ECAA’s decision is final and no discussion will be entered into concerning the outcome.
- Entries not submitted in accordance with the rules, photographic guidelines stated on entry form, incomplete or altered entries will be disqualified.
- The winners will be informed by email on or about December 17, 2018
- ECAA may request an additional photo of the winning submission.
- ECAA reserves the right to publish winners’ names, home towns and photographic entries in future publicity or promotions.
- By entering this competition, entrants acknowledge that: The promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram. You are providing information to ECAA and not to Facebook or Instagram.
- ECAA accepts no liability for any harm, damage or loss caused to prizes, (whether in contract, tort or statutory duty or otherwise) arising out of or in connection with the competition (as far as possible under applicable law).
- ECAA will not accept responsibility for any late, lost, damaged, incomplete or fraudulent entries, entries lost through technical fault or for technical problems with the site. Proof of entry is not automatically proof of receipt.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of The United States and The State of New York.
- By entering the competition, the entrant agrees and is bound by the terms and conditions outlined above.
- UPDATE: 12/08/2018 – Per original item #9 (above) ECAA is adding this addendum to the above terms and conditions: ECAA reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel or suspend this Contest should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond their control corrupt the administration, security, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest.
- Online voting closes at 12:01 a.m. on December 15, 2018
- Website visitors (voters) will select the top 13 (13) overall winners. At the close of the contest, our panel of judges will make the final determination as to number of votes submitted and suitability of the winning photograph(s) for the stated purpose Judges will pre-evaluate the photo submissions for print quality purposes. Those that are of poor quality will not be eligible for online voting or for the grand prize. The decision of these judges are final and no employee on the judging panel is eligible to compete in the photo contest. will select, from the top vote getters, one (1) entry for the cover of the calendar.
- ECAA reserves the right not to select any winning submissions based upon the quantity or content of submissions. Potential winners will be required to sign and return a sworn Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release. If required documentation is not returned within seven (7) business days of notification, or if notification is returned as undeliverable, any prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected.