[x_pullquote cite=”PR-2015″ type=”left”]The love of your life will appear in front of you unexpectedly… Isn’t that so true? If it weren’t for the fosters at East Coast I would have missed my opportunity `[/x_pullquote]
Save a Life, Make a Friend, Foster A Dog
East Coast Adoption Agency operates with and could not survive without foster parents. Because of our generous foster parents ready and willing to provide temporary housing (and lots of love), we are able to rescue dogs just in the knick of time. We pull dogs and from southern high-kill shelters just hours before they are scheduled to be euthanized – sometimes even before we have the opportunity to line up adopters or sponsors.
*PLEASE NOTE, WE ARE ONLY LOOKING FOR FOSTERS FOR ADULT DOGS OR SINGLE PUPPIES AT THIS TIME. YOU MUST BE WILLING TO TRAVEL TO SMYRNA, NY TO PICK UP YOUR FOSTER. THANK YOU!*
Some fosters only have their adorable dogs long enough for a bath, a good meal, and a safe night’s sleep. Others get to keep them long enough to work on training, to develop trust, and to recover from injuries or ailments – all to help them transition smoothly into their forever homes. But, on average, most fosters have their dogs for about two weeks.
Fostering is an incredibly rewarding experience. There is nothing like comparing the “before” pictures of your foster dog in the shelter with the “after” pictures in his or her new adoptive home! And, fostering is a great way to help you decide if you’re ready to adopt! If so, you are always welcome to adopt the dog you are fostering. Of course, fostering is not without challenges, but we at East Coast Adoption Agency will be there to help you through any bumps in the road you encounter. We are available to our fosters 24 hours a day!
In addition to needing “full time” foster parents, we also need overnight fosters and temporary fosters. These foster parents take a dog or puppy for the weekend while their regular foster is out of town. Or, they take a dog for the night between when he or she arrives from the shelter and when she gets adopted. Our short term and temporary fosters fill a critical need for our adorable dogs!
If you’re interested in fostering, either full time or temporary, visit our Dog Foster questionnaire and fill out the application. Someone will get back to you right away. We can’t wait to hear from you!
Foster Application Process
- Step 1: Fill out the New Foster Online Questionnaire here.
- Step 2: Have a phone screening interview with the adoption coordinator.
- Step 3: Meet us at a shelter transport arrival or adoption event and take your foster dog(s) home!
East Coasts Commitment to You & Your Foster Dog
- We provide routine and emergency medical care at one of our fantastic partner vets…at no cost to you.
- We provide essential supplies, including collars, leashes, crates, and identification tags.
- We let the world know that your dog is looking for a permanent home by posting him or her on multiple websites.
- Our network of volunteers are here to answer questions, screen potential adopters, help transport your dog when you are unable, and do anything we can to make fostering a great experience!
Your Commitment to Your Foster Dog
- You provide daily care for your foster.
- You provide unconditional love and affection.
- You bring your foster to at least two adoption events a month.
- You help your adoption coordinator (AC) by providing up-to-date information and photos of your foster pet. And, if you’d like, you can participate in screening potential adopters and marketing your foster dog for adoption.
- And, most importantly, you let us know if you need help!